Position: Clean Transportation Communication Intern
Reports to: VCREA Program Administrator
Closing Date/Time: Monday, May 1, 2023 at 5 pm
Internship Description: The Clean Transportation Intern will support the implementation of the Ventura County Electric Vehicle Blueprint alongside the Ventura County Regional Alliance (VCREA) team at the County of Ventura Sustainability Division. Tasks will range from event support to administrative tasks but will primarily consist of social media management. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and knowledgeable about electric vehicles and willing to learn about clean transportation policy and programs at the federal, state, and local level. This position is a great opportunity for students, recent
grads, or individuals in a career transition who are looking for experience in communication, local government, and/or clean transportation advocacy. Hours are flexible and can accommodate a student schedule. The position can be partially remote but will require participation in outreach events throughout Ventura County. Learn more about the County of Ventura Sustainability Division: sustain.ventura.org Learn more about VCREA at vcenergy.org
Key words: communication, social media, clean transportation policy, electric vehicles, outreach and education
Hours: This position is for 10-15 hours per week M-F with occasional weekend event participation.
Intern can choose their hours but should primarily overlap with regular business hours (8am – 6pm).
Duration: Starting late-May 2023 and ending in October 2023 but could be extended to June 2024.
• Design informational graphics and content for VCREA’s social media accounts and quarterly Drive Clean Newsletter.
• Work with the EV Coach to advocate and educate Ventura County public about the benefits of EVs and available purchase incentives.
• Draft memos on transportation policy, EV news, and public survey results.
• Ability to work 10-15 hours per week, at least 5 hours during regular office hours (9am – 5pm)
• Experience using the following online tools/programs: Canva, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, SharePoint, Google Forms, Excel
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Enthusiastic about clean transportation and equitable policy
• Willingness to learn
• Experience using Mailchimp, WordPress, Trello
• Experience in outreach or education
• Fluent in Spanish
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Clean Transportation Intern” no later than May 1, 2023. Those individuals meeting the qualifications
will be invited to interview for the internship.